Back to the Good Fortune Diner - Vicki Essex Back to the Good Fortune Diner was a lovely book. I don't read many Harlequin romances and I tip-toe around interracial romances because I don't enjoy being slapped in the face by racial stereotypes during my free time. This story has both a great interracial couple and realistic cultural elements that highlight their differences. Tiffany Cheung travels a path I think a lot of 20/30 something year olds can relate to these days. She's armed with a degree, but not working in her desired position. She has big dreams, but can't seem to get things on track to please herself or her family. Her parents own a Chinese diner in a small, mostly white town. The family is doing well, but after being a loner growing up, Tiffany longs for a life in publishing in NYC. Returning to this small town to deal with her parents strict standards and bickering, and the way they pit her against her brother is the last thing she wants, but broke woman's gotta do what a broke woman's gotta do. I really enjoyed Tiffany as a character. We see her experience a full range of emotions, but none of the scenes are bogged down with internal monologue. Chris Jamieson (Or Chris Hemsworth for fantasy purposes) is a single father running his family farm with is father, William and his son, Simon. Chris was off to college when he found out his hs sweetheart was pregnant. He returned to raise his son. His ex-wife is now out of the picture. Chris isn't your typical high school jock turned farmer. He's smart, and an environmentalist and thank sweet Jesus, he doesn't like Tiffany just because she's Asian. Tiffany tutored Chris in high school, a time in her life when she was very withdrawn socially. Now that they are both single and more mature adults, Chris wants to get to know her better. His feelings develop naturally and he is careful to consider Tiffany's role in his son's life before taking things further. He's not thinking with his cock. Tiffany has different experiences with all 3 of the Jamieson men. A nicely balanced romantic relationship with Chris, a teacher/mentor relationship with Simon, and a woman of color vs a racist bigot relationship with Will. Will reminded me of Cotton Hill from King of the Hill. He's racist comments felt real and were spread out into the plot where the reader gets to see how is attitude effects not only Tiffany, but his son and grandson. There's also a side plot with Tiffany's brother, Daniel. He's coming at the same issues from a different direction. He's happy to please his parents, but hanging in there with them in the family restaurant is ruining his love life. All in, the relationship between Chris and Tiffany was well done. The sexy times, though, brief were steamy. The relationship between both families, internally and with others, was will done. The "moral" of this story is finding the right place for yourself, not the place you THINK you should be. I would definitely read more about these characters :)